Favorite Reads of 2018 + Hello 2019!


And just like that, it's New Years Eve. 2018 saw some great book releases and I'd like to share a few faves of mine.

Favorite Books of 2018


1. The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
Holly Black absolutely blew me away with this book. My new favorite character is Jude Duarte and the oh so complicated Cardan. Rich and full of characters and plot, the second book titled The Wicked King, is one of the most anticipated releases of 2019. Which I have actually reviewed. ;)

The Wicked King Full Review Here

2. Sadie by Courtney Summers
This book really impacted me while I was reading it. Adding a podcast element to it, and making an actual podcast, Sadie is a definite favorite of book of 2018. With podcasts now becoming a new medium of investigative journalism, you get that aspect in addition to the main character's POV.

Sadie Full Review Here

3. War Storm by Victoria Aveyard
Victoria Aveyard has concluded the Red Queen series with War Storm. I completely devoured this book the minute it got delivered. I'm so sad that series is over (although a short stories book is being released), I hope that a few years down the road, she can continue Mare Barrow's story.

4. Grace & Fury by Tracy Banghart
I got an ARC at YallWest and I didn't read it until after the release date but I'm glad I did. Although the storyline is familiar, Tracy Banghart incorporated sisters and political toics that are very relevant today. I'm very excited for the next book, Queen of Ruin, as the ending was a major cliffhanger!

Full Review Here

I have a few books ready to be read on my list for January. I can't wait for new releases of 2019 and hope you enjoy my reviews and content.

Happy New Year!

Love,
D.

Comments